It took 4 million years of evolution to perfect the human foot. But we’re wrecking it with every step we take.

Walking is easy. It’s so easy that no one ever has to teach you how to do it. It’s so easy, in fact, that we often pair it with other easy activities—talking, chewing gum—and suggest that if you can’t do both simultaneously, you’re some sort of insensate clod. So you probably think you’ve got this walking thing pretty much nailed. As you stroll around the city, worrying about the economy, or the environment, or your next month’s rent, you might assume that the one thing you don’t need to worry about is the way in which you’re strolling around the city.

Well, I’m afraid I have some bad news for you: You walk wrong.


It isn’t your fault however; it is the fault of your shoes. I am currently in the process of writing a shoe review article for those of you interested in getting a pair of shoes specifically for parkour; but for the meanwhile, I think many of you might find this article on barefoot walking interesting.

As it turns out, the shoes we wear are actually destroying the way we walk. Reading this article made me reconsider the shoes I have purchased, and will influence the shoes I will purchase in the future. I now also do some barefoot training and it is hard, but I find that results show up quite quickly, as have others.

If you are further interested in some barefoot technology, you may want to look into the Vivo Barefoot and the Vibram Five Fingers (I have reviewed the latter HERE).

8 comments and questions

  1. mc // 11/11/08 09:53  

    While vivo barefoots are an exciting concept, their sizing in the winter season, especially for women who have a size 40 or larger foot, is really, sadly poor. It's an acknowledged problem in email with the company handling shipping (at least in the UK) but not something they've addressed on their web site.

    So if you're interested in ordering winter08 footwear, you may want to confirm actual sizing - scroll down to the purple text on this post for more info about this sizing conundrum.

    On a related note, if you're in a place where you have to mail order VFF's and are curious about ordering the right fit, here's at least one perspective on VFF fit.

    mc

  2. Anonymous // 7/4/13 02:17  

    Another child was not an option. For a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan Sito Ufficiale[/url]
    number of [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan[/url]
    years Barro was thought to be a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]scarpe Hogan[/url]
    carrier of [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]scarpe Hogan[/url]
    the condition; she has since found out this is not the case. She shrugs. dismissing the notion of [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan Sito Ufficiale[/url]
    a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan outlet[/url]
    lost opportunity. During his 21-season major league career, Smoltz was 213-145 with 3.33 Epoca and 154 saves. Twenty of [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan[/url]
    those seasons were spent with the Braves. with whom he won the 1996 NL Cy Young award. Per mezzo di that season, Smoltz led the NL a causa di wins (24), strikeouts (276) and innings pitched (253 2/3) while posting a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan Sito Ufficiale[/url]
    2.94 Tempo.

  3. Anonymous // 18/5/13 16:09  

    all the time i used to read smaller posts that also clear their motive, and that
    is also happening with this piece of writing which I am reading now.


    My web blog :: Saphire Ecig

  4. Anonymous // 18/5/13 18:26  

    My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post's to be exactly what I'm looking for.
    Would you offer guest writers to write content for
    you? I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome web log!

    Here is my website Pure Garcinia Cambogia

  5. Anonymous // 18/5/13 20:24  

    This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Kudos!

    My web blog :: Test Force Xtreme Reviews

  6. Anonymous // 19/5/13 02:03  

    What's up, this weekend is nice in favor of me, because this moment i am reading this wonderful informative paragraph here at my home.

    Review my web page - Garcinia Cambogia Weight Loss

  7. Anonymous // 19/5/13 03:02  

    I truly love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you make this web site yourself?
    Please reply back as I'm planning to create my own website and would like to know where you got this from or just what the theme is named. Thank you!

    My web page ... Beta Force Muscle Solution

  8. Anonymous // 24/5/13 17:54  

    I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it
    for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks a lot

    Feel free to surf to my weblog - pure garcinia cambogia